Sunday 10 August 2014

MAHAMANDI 2014- Memorable experience

My story of experiments in MAHAMANDI:

 MAHAMANDI 2014, wow what an experience I had. Never thought it could be this much fun and full of energy. When we got down in the market of Andheri, we were ready with our products worth Rs.3350/- total 21 items, we had no idea how to start, where to start and most importantly what to start. Plan was to go to Hiranandani but we reached Andheri ;-).

  1. Fun part started, we decided to go to Bandra at carter road as we had thought of targeting posh areas. But after getting into autorickshaw we changed plan and reached Lokhandwala, Andheri(west).  On the move we saw other teams approaching customers and selling products, and I was thinking we have not reached the location yet and others have started already. Teams in white were easy to locate, and we located one more, outside Infinity mall in Lokhandwala. Other team surprised us with the statement that “They are not allowing us to sell inside”.
  2. We had no choice so we started selling outside the Mall.  We first approached a lady with a kid, but as we started she refused to listen. It was kind an embarrassing, happened never before. But we did not give up there, we approached a family with a kid, and started with introduction of NITIE, MAHAMANDI, cause behind this event and how these toys are different than normal toys, and within few minutes we sold our first product “Balancing Scale”. Feeling was awesome, because it was first time I sold something, I never thought I could do this.
  3. One family were reluctant to buy product, I guess there were in hurry while going inside the mall. But when they came out from mall they bought three products from us. We felt like we won a lottery.
  4. Outside the Mall when I was looking for potential customer, I saw a couple watching towards me. They approached to me and started asking about what we are doing. Then I started telling them about event and products and with much effort I sold Jodo Gyan, but I did not have receipt to give them so I request them to wait for few seconds, and out of my surprise they did not refuse. In meanwhile I told them about leopard story of NITIE.
  5. Tried many more families, then we realized that families going inside the Mall are not even giving us chance to explain as they were busy with their schedule. So started targeting families and couples coming from the Mall. Then we started using simple strategies like we asked kids to play with “Balancing scale” and show us addition, multiplication. And sold few more products. With every product sold our confidence level increased, within few ours we sold our whole inventory.

 Mandi Poster, Mandi Pics and Mandi Toys:


Mandi Poster
Mandi Pics













Me before and after maha mandi
Being of student of Dr.Mandi Sir, I already knew many things about MAHAMANDI, but I did not know everything. Sitting in class and thinking about mandi, I never thought selling can be this much fun and challenging. I don’t speak much, at least continuously I don’t speak much, but when I was on street I was unstoppable. I am shy in class and but in mandi I was shameless to approach any type of customer, unbothered with their responses. Before Mandi I was scared to participate and now I want more of it. Before mandi I was scared of mandi and now I love mandi. Jai Mandi.

MAHAMANDI experience:



Suggestions / advice to students like you who wants to do Mandi..

  • Don't make presumptions, notions, and strategies for avoiding thing marvelous event. Just be part of this, nobody is accessing you. Just be yourself and sell in your unique way. 
  • Being a seller you should know very well about product and event.  Demonstrate the product and involve the customer by asking them to use and let them have the feel of the product.
  • It’s very important that you approach customer in a professional way and don't make them uncomfortable. Workshops can be conducted for all sections students to give demo to approach customers.
  • Most of teams has finished their inventory in few hours only. If some sort of buffer is created in areas where most of teams are targeting, teams can come back and collect some more inventory to sell.
  • Target the customers in teams rather than alone.  And when pitching your product be clear in your words, let each team member say about it. Look very confident and always have smile on face.





           






No comments:

Post a Comment